These pancakes only use 3 main ingredients and are the easiest recipe that I have ever tried out. They are naturally gluten and refined sugar free, making them a perfect, healthy and light breakfast option.
Ingredients- serves one (4 mini pancakes)
1 large banana (1/2 for topping)
1 large egg
2 tablespoons almond butter (I used Pip & Nut)
Cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt to season
Any extra toppings such as banana, almond flakes, honey… (whatever you fancy)
Coconut oil/ butter for frying
1. Mash half of the banana in a bowl (easiest when they are slightly over-ripe)
2. Add the almond butter to the banana and mix together until fairly smooth
3. Add any of your extra flavourings at this point- I used a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt
4. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl, add it to the mixture and combine all the ingredients together
5. Heat approximately 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a flat frying pan (I used coconut oil) and pour in a quarter of the batter for each pancake. If you can’t fit all the pancakes in the pan at once, keep the cooked ones warm in the oven, wrapped in foil.
6. Stack your pancakes high and finish off with your chosen toppings- I used the other half of the banana and a drizzle of honey for some extra sweetness
I definitely recommend giving this pancake recipe a go, it’s easy, healthy and tastes delicious. In other words, no excuses!