A healthy and light, naturally gluten-free recipe, which is above all DELICIOUS. This was a Pinterest inspired recipe that I made for lunch recently, after realising how easy and clever the idea was. It works out as a super cheap snack or light lunch and you can mix up the toppings to suit whatever you already have in the fridge.
Ingredients (serves 1- makes 3/4 ‘pizzas’)
2 tablespoons of tomato puree
Olive oil (for drizzling)
Any toppings of your choosing (I went for white button mushrooms and cherry tomatoes)
1. Cut the aubergine lengthways into approximately 1cm slices.
2. Lay the aubergine slices on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before placing them in the oven at 200 degrees. Roast until they soften and start colouring- approximately 10 minutes.
3. Prepare a tomato sauce for the base by mixing tomato puree with water in a 1:1 ratio. It’s very quick and easy to do, so you can also go back and make more should you need it.
4. When the aubergines are done take them out the oven and top them first with a thin layer of the tomato sauce and a few pinches of mozzarella. Add any other toppings that you have chosen at this point, before putting them back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has all melted.
5. Top the mini pizzas with dried oregano (basil would also work well), then serve and enjoy!